Hello. My name is...

The Blog /Blob, among its numerous functions, will house my writings on music that, as far as I'm concerned, stray too close to standard "Rock crit": which, I should add, I do not discredit - I just don't want to do.

So, then, in customary Rock-journalism mode, I will list a few records that at some point in 2008 caught my attention, and which also were published this year (in no particular order):

1. The Howling Hex - Earth Junk;

2. The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent;

3. Kikuri - Pulverized Purple;

4. Sonic Youth / Mats Gustafsson / Merzbow - Andre Sider af Sonic Youth;

5. Excepter - Debt Dept.;


6. Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See but Cannot Feel;

7. Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Continued;

8. Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple;

9. The Dead C - Secret Earth;


10. Killick - The Amplifucker;

11. Tricky - Knowle West Boy;

12. Anthony Braxton / Milford Graves / William Parker - Beyond Quantum;

13. Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull;

14. Elf Power - In a Cave;



15. The Music Tapes - Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes.

Some other 2008 records I've wanted to listen to, but haven't gotten to yet, are:

1. The Bug - London Zoo;

2. Malcolm Goldstein - A Sounding of Sources;

3. Russell Haswell - Second Live Salvage.